Thursday, November 11, 2004

Life

Instead of wallowing in my woes today I want to think, to feel something other than what is crushing my mind, my heart.
Life is a tangle of heart-ache, love, promise, dreams, family, loyalty, and servival. How do we find a balance between everything that makes our world unique to us?
In my life, for example, I do a balancing act of: mother, wife, sister, aunt, grandaughter, friend, student, worker, joker, teacher, care taker, and the inner spirit of weirdness that is me. I'm sure that it is that way for many but, it is not that way for so many more. Some people have a simple world with simple roles...mother, wife, friend, daughter...I wonder what it would be like to not have my day planned by everyone else's needs? This is not to say that I regret my role in life. No, indeed, I am happy with my role in life. I am strong and I will walk with my head held high and cross the finish line with as many ribbons as I can gain along the way.
Even as I'm writing this I can imagine how others are reacting to it. Some might take offense that I am categorizing them in some way as simple or complex. Those whom I deem simple may very well see their lives as complex. We truly never know someone until we've walked in their shoes. I see my life as very complex. I take help take care of my Grandmother, I have two small children, I am a full time college student, I clean houses for extra money, I have a very large family, my Mom is in the hospital, one of my brothers is getting a divorce, one is an addict, my older sister's husband has a progressive case of rhumitoid artheritis, and my husband (who works full time) has blood pressure problems. I help out with everyone's needs because I'm loyal to my family even when they piss off the crap out of my. I believe this makes me complex on top of my friends and who I am.
That is why I think that I am complex. It is easy for me to classify someone else as simple when they may not see it that way. I may not know the how's and why's of their so-called "simple" life.
What kind of life do you have?