Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Here I am!

Where the HELL have I been?!

Alright, much to my dislike I had to take down my computer Thursday night. It was imperative that it was put back up today, though, being as I have online school work to do during the week.

The Reason:
Construction!

So Friday, even though we were all sick, we busted down about 5 feet of wall. We are joining the living room with this one that we’ve added on. The pocket doors are up.
I was adamant about having doors to close so I can study “quietly.”

On with the story…
Rogue Wit had been ill enough to stay home from work on Friday. This NEVER happens. Bless his heart though; he couldn’t see being at home (even though he was sick) and not doing something. Yet, after we knocked down the wall and he put up our new TV stand he went to bed. I stayed up and painted. I painted only half and I’ll tell you why…it’s the half that isn’t being sawed, hammered, or the like. They’re sticking a desk to this side so I wanted it painted before the desk was built in. And…the desk is up (not finished but, up and its sooo nice and BIG).

Saturday 10 am:
My In-laws arrive with POWER TOOLS! They set about installing a new outside door and working on the GIANT hole that we were wanting to put the pocket doors in. These two projects took them all of Saturday and all of Sunday.
The men had to head out to Lowe’s (sp?) and get manly construction stuff. It was all I could do not to die when I was put on “cock” duty (caulk). This was followed with some great “cock” jokes: “Oh, so I couldn’t get some last night but, now your Dad is telling me to handle your cock?!” --God, I had so great lines!
This was even funnier when I got to call them at the store and tell them that they "didn’t have enough cock to finish the job.” My Mother-in-law and I were in stitches!
During all of this I am (im)patiently awaiting my new refrigerator. We had to get out the ice chests and empty our ghetto fridge Friday night. It has to be unplugged over night for them to pick it up—why? I’m not sure but, I wanted to do whatever it took to get rid of that thing. The problem with unplugging it is that it was now leaking HEAVILY. FUN, FUN, FUN!

Alright so by the end of Saturday, they had to outside door up but, it still needed molding (sp?) And they had all of the “studs” down so they could put up the pocket doors.

Side note: I know why construction is considered man work now. It involves caulk, studs, screwing, banging, and a host of other gigglish type things.

Sunday 10 am:
My In-laws arrived promptly again for more “man work.” I was hoping to get to play with the power tools but, it turns out I’m too weak to use the saw to cut through the studs. So I’m put on “cock duty” again and I get to tap the nails.
They get up the pocket doors and the molding to the outside door.

My kitchen and living room are chaos!

On to Monday:
I had to get up about 8ish so as to get my son (and us) to the doctor. The rest of us just have the sniffles but, my son has a slight case of pneumonia.

WHAT?!

I know that doctor was thinking that I was the worst mother in the world but, it you saw my son, you wouldn’t think he was REALLY sick. He was running circles around his sister. I mean, how the HELL was I supposed to know? He only ran a fever once and that was on Thursday night. Yet, the chest X-rays said that he did, in fact, have pneumonia.
Great. You see I have to tackle my son to the ground, wrap my leg around his, get him in a head lock, and grab hold of his hands so that with my free hand I can sit and “convince” him to take his medicine. And it’s worse if it’s nasty tasting shit…and of course, this shit is.
So I take my son with me to the store because, now we have to fill our new fridge. Then I drag his little butt with me to pick up his medicine and I get the same little girl I made cry. Whether that had anything to do with it or not I don’t know/don’t care but, I did not have to wait but two minutes as she went and filled my son’s medicine and promptly handed it to me. SWEET! That’s one less thing for me to bitch about. LOL.

Soooo, I arrive home and Rogue Wit is in the middle of mounting some shelves to the wall. A few hours later (about 3:40 or so) my Father-in-law came over straight from work. He’s got a heart of gold, I swear! It only took about two hours for them to put up the desk. We still have to put the molding on it and build the drawers and build the shelving unit but, BUT…it’s functioning and beautiful.

We’ll be working more on it this weekend but, I have two tests this week and a paper due. So I’m not going to be messing with it until then. However, my Father-in-law is going to have me help him make the shelves. YES! I am going to get to play with power tools…how scary is that?