Thursday, April 07, 2005

That Bitter Place In Me

Does it matter what you did you to me?
Should I be bitter still?
Finding you throwing this away
But, begging me to stay.
And what have you to say to me?
What have you to say?

You WERE not worth my time.
Without you I’ve done fine.
You want me when I’m gone
When I was yours you hurt me
When I was yours you made me bleed.
Yours is now the blood to fall.
And the blood you shed for mine is small.

Salty-sweet and bitter cold
Was what we had…a sickly mold.
It rots within us and breaks us
And shakes us and it hates us.
That sickly sour in your mouth
Was put there by your hands…
Clean are my hands.

That distant look in heated passions
Kept me guarded and away.
You jealous, sick bastard
How dare you ask me to stay?
I could breathe the death in us
I could not stand the pain.
Your life was in the wind
My life was in the rain.