Friday, May 27, 2005

*Banging Head on Wall*

Why can’t parenting be easy? Can anyone explain that one to me?

…and does anyone know if there’s a law against putting a shock collar on you 3 year old?

shock collar


…just asking…

Talking to him doesn’t seem to do any good.
Popping him on the back of the head doesn’t either (LOL…I’m getting pretty good with the “Mommy Pop”).
Spanking him only does about 15 minutes worth of good…give or take 10 minutes depending on how long he chooses to pout and cry. (I’m a Mom, I don’t even spank hard and you’d think I killed them! I can’t bring myself to spank any harder than to just make the “pop” noise.)

The day had actually been fairly nice yesterday. It rained a little tiny bit…just enough to make it a cool 65 degrees outside. After the heat wave we’ve had 65* felt pretty chilly, but I like it cold and opened the house up.

My daughter talked me into making chocolate chip pancakes. I had to steal one of them and put it on a separate plate in the microwave. LOL…both of my children enjoy my pancakes (especially the choc. Chip ones) and out of the 12, I got one. Hehehe…

Really, the kids hadn’t even faught…much.

Then about the time Rogue Wit gets off of work I was just about done with dinner. (Yeah, I can be a good little wifey-poo when I want to…but only then.) I made steaks, fresh garlic bread, and some buttered rice. So it didn’t take long to cook it all.

The kids had been good and quiet while I was cooking. I didn’t hear any crying or anything suspicious so I just enjoyed the peace and quiet while I could.

After dinner, I was headed to the bedroom to get my shoes. LOL, this is Oklahoma, but they still frown upon people walking into Wally-World without shoes on.

…But as I walked down the hall, I spied with my little eye something that was out of place.

I walk past the bedroom door into the bathroom and was horrified at what my eyes beheld!

No wonder my son had been so damn quiet!

He destroyed about $50 of make up and supplies!!!!

I couldn’t even look at him I was so mad. My husband sent him to his room and “grounded him” for the rest of the night.
Love you, babe, but that doesn’t work with a three year old. My son ended up just taking a nap.

My Son sleeping


Joy. That meant for certain he would be up before the sun was in the morning.

…and he was…

So, after exhausting everything I know…short of beating him…I’m spent. It’s like I’m beating my own head on the wall…every-fucking-day.

Please tell me that boys grow out of this stage? Please?