Monday, August 08, 2005

Let It Rain

Coming home from Tracy’s Sunday afternoon I just missed a good 20 minute down poor. I love the rain and so far all of the good rains the last two months have missed us every time. I was disappointed and jokingly I said to my husband, “God must just hate me.”

Not even two full hours later another storm popped up and came straight to here. It was like God was telling me, “That hurt.”

I’m sorry.

......

You know it's beautiful when the rain pools and bubbles on the sidewalk. Yes, let it rain!

The trees are always a little more beautiful in the rain. The thunder's roar is almost like a mother's heart beat to her new born babe. It isn't a wonder these stormy days make us want to sleep. It's so soothing to the soul...it puts me in a better mood.

My daughter is stepping out in the rain and spinning in it. I remember doing that. I remember that I always felt a little better when it rained. Like somebody was crying for me/with me.

Not only is it soothing but, it sets an exciting mood. Sunshine doesn't make for a very good setting in a scary movie. All the really good old scary movies started out in the rain. There's always that edge of apprehension. You have to worry whether it will knock out the power leaving you alone in pitch black with only occasional flashes of lightening to light the way. Who knows which boogy man lies in wait just behind you?

I think it's that edge of excitement that I love with a good storm. I get the urge to crawl up next to an open window with a drink and a good book.

Matter of fact...

I think I need to pull out that new John Saul book I bought the other day.

After all I only have next week before school starts.

So, I promise to post once a day.

I'm going to put myself on a routine and make myself keep it.

:)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: :)(: