Monday, August 30, 2004

Just One Of Those Mornings, I guess...

Where to begin?!
I wake up this morning to my sweet husband asking me,
"Baby, what time did you need to get up to make your calls?"
"The office doesn't even open up till like 8 or 9!"
It was just a simple question and I totally snapped his precious little head off. LOL. I feel kinda bad, but he knows me enough to know that I just haven't been sleeping well and he takes that kind of thing as a grain of salt.
So, when I did get up at 8 and grab the phone to make the call...I get one of those--
"The person who's extension you have reached, is on the phone, leave a message if you would like your call returned."
Better and better! So I then I grab my robe and get up. I walk around the bed to open the curtains like I do every morning (being the good little obsessive compulsive woman that I am). I was about to start making the bed when I stepped on something...squishy! I don't even have to tell you how disgusted I was at this. I looked down and to my horror, saw that my cat had gotten sick! GROSS! And I have only myself to blame.
You see, last night, in the midst of a "meowing episode" I fed the cat again. At the time I didn't realize it was the second can of food he had received, the faker. You ever have one of those moments? Dez (the cat) was creating such a ruckus, acting as if he was starving to death that I got up and checked his bowl to see if he had food. It was empty, at least the bowl was. He has one of those self-pouring containers for the dry food. So naturally I apologized to my "Precious baby kitty" for being such a notty mamma and forgetting to give him a can of food that day. The faker.
So as I'm cleaning the mess and pressing the redial button over and over to get through to the Hospital's office (because it's now 9:45 and I know she can't be on the phone for that long--I worked there, I know what goes on), I'm bitching at myself for falling for one of the cats many, "I'm so neglected" acts.
Good times, good times.
And not only all of that, but now my mother who was going to give me a ride to get my shots--has gone back to sleep. I give up, ya know. I guess I'll wait till we get paid and see what the cab fair is going to be for myself and the two kids for two separate round trips and then a third round trip 48hours after I have the TB test.
We have two cars infront of the house and neither of them is drivable. How does that happen? My husband is freaking Magiver...we should be able to have a second running car. This is just ridiculous.
Coffee, coffee is good. Thank God for those precious bitter beans.