Saturday, December 25, 2004

I have gotten to spend two separate Christmas get-togethers with my little sister, Smokey Smurf this year. It was wonderful...and Smokey Smurf actually showed up about 5 minutes early! I nearly had a heart-attack; as I've previously mentioned before, my family is OIT (on Indian time) and we're never on time...let alone early! [that is for anything other than work and then we're always like 30minutes to an hour early...don't want to piss off the boss]
My step-sister is now 7months pregnant and when she waddled in [and I do mean waddled] I made a comment about such. The entire room became quiet as all eyes went from me to her. You could tell what they were thinking:
...I hope she isn't having a mood swing
...I'm backing up because when insulted, pregnant women can attack pretty damn fast
...Damn, Devona, use some tact!
It was then my step-sister laughed and said, "Damn it, what is this pick on the pregnant woman day?"
"Hey, I've had two pregnancies...I'm allowed to poke fun. Try getting stuck in a boothe at a restaraunt and having your husband laugh at your ass because you can't get out...that's being mean. I was just acknowledging the cute little way you walked. At least I didn't say you've gotten bigger like you husband did." Hysterical laughter errupts and all eyes shift to her husband as if to say..."Dumb-ass!"
LOL...we had alot of fun last night until the children began to scream and we had to leave.
Merry Christmas to everyone!...we're going to the In-Laws in a few minutes.