Wednesday, December 22, 2004

So it has happened…

Somewhere between the fart jokes, joking with the boys, beating the crap out of them at Magic
the Gathering with my Elfish Rage and Unblockable Wizard deck, and marrying my gentle
giant…I have crossed over into the dark side. I’ve become fucking June Cleaver! Damn it…
how the hell did that happen? I used to be just one of the guys…okay, one really freakin’ hot
guy but…you get the picture.
I found myself in the kitchen till 1:30am this morning finishing up goody bags for my husband
to take to his Christmas party at work. First off...I guess I could use the excuse of being an
insomniac and this was an attempt to exhaust myself into slumber but, I’m not going to. You
see, my husband (Rogue Wit) told everyone he worked with that I would make my famous
stuffed peppers.
“Okay…so you’ve volunteered my services unbeknownst to me…You know how long it takes to
make that crap?”
“Yes, I’ll help.”
“Damn right you will…and we’ll talk about payment later, buddy.” (Evil smile)
So the kids went to bed early last night because my son had turned into a wobble-head…as he
had rocked himself to sleep in the chair and couldn’t find a head rest. First off, that was nice…
it’s always nice to have the house quiet and pretend to be a free-willed adult again. Yet, what
was this…my husband was in the midst of getting comfy on the couch?!
WHATEVER!
I grab the 3lb bag of jalapenos and explain to him that he’ll be hollowing them out for me. I felt
somewhat saddened as I see the defeat in his eyes while he made his way to the kitchen.
With the children in bed early I decided to make some of the candy I intend to use in the
Christmas baskets everyone is getting (see what I mean, I guess I think I’m a FUCKING
Martha Stewart or something). As I’m setting my Chocolate factory on the stove and heating
the chocolate, Rogue Wit asks…
“So how hard would it be to make some candy bags for some of the people I work with?”
“Not hard…how many’ll do ya?” See I’m a sucker for that damn man. My sister’s teased me
about my IQ dropping about 50 points whenever he came around while we were dating. And
damn it, he still has that charming smile that’ll make me do flips for him. It’s not fair!
So I go about making gingerbread-shaped, peanut-butter, chocolate candies and I can’t help
but think how sexy it is to have a man doing kitchen work. He looked so cute in his button-
down work shirt and boxer shorts sitting at the table with his tongue curled upon his top lip as
to help him concentrate. So at 1:30am I take the cream-cheese peppers wrapped with bacon
and finish up the chocolate bags and go to bed.
Yup, I’m a sucker for that damn man…