Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Blackness hovers on the edges of my site. Whispering pines and oaks sound like static in my ears. Movement is not the same and I struggle to do normalities. Is this a dream?
Yes, but it seems I can never convince my subconscious (or whatever part of our mind it is that allows us to dream) that I am indeed dreaming.
I do not see myself and yet I can and I know it is I who is lost or being followed. I have a television view and yet it is from my eyes as well. My movements are leadened and I struggle to be fast.
I see in the distance a man...Tall, with broad shoulders and long dark hair. The power emanating from him is almost tangible. It's intimidating and dark, yet, I find I am intrigued and stimulated at the sight of him. Though, I already know that traveling to him is impossible. Yet, I try and am surrounded by swirling shadows and misty evil.
I look towards that dark and handsome sentinel and I see a wry smile on his hard jaw. My faltering amuses him and yet I still try to seek him out.
In the distance I hear a frightening shriek and I fade into a milky haze.
I then open my eyes to see the light shining in on me in the bed.
Yes, it was a dream. A dream brought on by insomniac-adventures, I'm sure...Yet, it plagues me today. As it seems to plague the air in the house...