Sunday, July 24, 2005

Slumber Parties Massacre!!!

I had two older brothers. I was the fourth of five children (No it was not the Brady Bunch, by any means, LOL). What I'm trying to get at...is that I am not your typical "girly-girl."

Hell, I didn't even start trying to act like a female until highschool (when I realized that the boys liked that-Woo-Hoo!!). Even still, the only reason why I knew what I knew/know was because my best-friend (who was gay) fixed my hair and went shopping with me. Man, do I miss him! He and I played with make-up, hair care products, and fashion. I must remind you that this was in high-school.

Well, my daughter is a "girly-girl." I'm not upset with that. If it's who she is then I love her for that. My problem has now become...I am not sure how to be "girly" with a five year old.

She's having a slumber party on Friday and I want to make it special for her. If it were my slumber party, I would be taking her on a ghost hunt in a cemetery (yes, I am a little twisted, but I am who I am, lol...and you like me that way). Don't get me wrong, I am totally going to take her on a ghost hunt and scare the "drama queen" out of her...but not until she's older. I'm a good Mom (or at least I try to be) and I am pretty sure she's already going to need therapy when she grows up because of her crazy parents. I just don't want to add to it, LOL.

I talked with Smokey Smurf, but she's in the same position as I am. LOL...we're sisters after all and everything I went through so did she. Smokey Smurf is the fifth of five children AND they thought she was going to be retarded when Mom found out she was pregnant with her. The jury is still out on that one (Smokey is going to kick my ass for that one, LOL).

So, my faithful female readers...
What did you do at the slumber parties you went to?
Any ideas?
What do girls like to do at a normal slumber party?
(She's too young for Horror movies and ghost stories...)