Tuesday, August 17, 2004

...And He walks with me

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
And His
Righteousness
And all these things
Shall be added unto you
Hallelujah
Oh, I loved to sing that song! How I miss singing it now! I, like most, people loose track of what matters the most, what means the most, what is top priority.
I like to think that it's my children. And I'm not too incorrect in my thinking.
They are definitely at the top!
When I was in school, we had Bible class first hour every year except my Senior year. One year in Bible class we learned the "pyramid of priorities."
It's been so long I don't remember it all, but I remember that God was at the very top of the pyramid, rightly so. I think next was husband/wife, followed by children and family, and then our jobs.
I know what you're thinking, it was what I was thinking when the teacher wrote the pyramid out on the board...how is it that husband and wife are before the children?
It's true, what I'm doing now in life is for my children. They are what keeps me focused, because I want something better for them. With that being said, I must now state that if The Rogue and I weren't as strong as we were it would've ended at the first sign of trouble. Ultimately, our being strong and working on our relationship allows our children to live and grow in a nurtured family. Yes, they see we are having a hard time of things, but that's because children are smart and we aren't going to lie to them. At the same time, we are leaning on each other as husband and wife so that our children don't have to carry the burden that we do now.
Hmm...now with that being said, this burden that my husband and I shoulder does not have to be ours. Believing as I do I should be able to just hand it over to God and let Him sort it out. I should be able to do it. I want to do it, but guilt always gets in the way. Why you say? Well, I've joined a Church and my daughter loves it, but with everything going on...such a poor excuse, but here it is...I don't have to time and/or money to go. I wish it was more than that, but it's not. I know God isn't going to just smite me because of it. Though it's hard not to believe He isn't disappointed as I would be if one of my children never came to my house.
...And the joys we share
As we tarry there
None other
Has ever
Known