Sunday, August 15, 2004

Drip-Drop-Drip-Drop...

More rain this morning. Lovely. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I love the rain. Our weather this summer seems more like spring than it does summer. Hell, we had to turn the AC up high enough so it would kick off, because we woke up freezing. Not that I mind it being cool outside in August, just that I don't like waking up in the middle of the night with chattering teeth. Oklahoma weather just never does add up. I guess I should be happy that there aren't any tornado warnings...yet. Especially since we live in tornado alley...Moore, Oklahoma. Scary huh, this past spring one came so close to our house that the windows rattled. I was in the closet with the kids praying that it didn't kill us. I think God heard my prayer, because it jumped a few blocks...mine included. I was in such relief. I hate to feel like that especially when I drove the two blocks over to see all of the damage, but I was still relieved.
We had a big weather system come through just last week as well. It was just hail and 80mph gusts of wind. I know the storms that we're having are due to the tropical storms that they're having on the coast. I feel very badly for them. Where as tornadoes are destructive...we can usually take precautions in or near our own homes...I can't imagine having to evacuate a city.
It's just funny how someone else's weather effects someone else. I think that when another state farts we get 80mph wind gusts down here. Oklahoma weather is freaky. I don't think I'd be happier anywhere else though. If I had to drive more than a mile or two before I saw a country side I know I would be crazy. I love wide open fields, a pond here or there, little bits of forests along the roads and highways...and animals. We have to drive about 20-30minutes to the next town to see the grandparents and the kids always get to see horses, cows, donkeys, or some other big type of animal. They love it. I love hearing my daughter moo at the "Moo-cows." I'm going to love teaching them how to catch snakes and hike and stuff.