Monday, August 16, 2004

Baby Up-date

Well, my sister is feeling the effects of the bun in the oven. She's tired, can't sleep very well, and is starting to worry about how things are going to work out. Bless her heart. I know those things all too well. What's more is she's only in her 1st trimester! I hope she makes it through the 3rd. I told her last night that she should be getting a burst of energy when she hits the 2nd trimester, but every body is different. She really hasn't had any of the morning sickness or with me it was the "morning, noon, night, and anytime in between" sickness. Atleast she gets to miss out on that, the little brat, lol. Just kidding, I don't wish anyone that. I just have to joke. Besides, I didn't have the problems she was having until my last trimester. She might go about this all backwards. It's so amazing the differences in each woman's pregnancy...even the differences in the two pregnancies that I've had.
I went over to her house last night to help her "refresh" her crocheting skills. It was fun. I got to show her the blanket that I was almost done with. I'm just putting the ruffle on it. I don't go by patterns with that stuff. I just pick a couple of stitches that I like and make my own pattern. The blanket that she'll be getting is a single, double, double. It's thick and soft. She's going to work on one and thought she might not have to bother because of all the blankets she'd be getting. You can never have too many baby blankets. As much as they spit up and pee on things and other "baby-happenings, " I told her to make herself 3 or 4 blankets if she wanted. I'm still excited. I kinda hope it's a girl, my daughter keeps assuring me it will be. Then again, a boy is fun as well...I'll just be happy having another niece or nephew to play with!