Monday, August 16, 2004

Day Shift

Today, is Rogue's first day on day shift. Poor man got up at 6:30am so that he could be rush hour traffic and still get to work early. I am really hoping that it goes well for him. The kids and us have been down and out with some sort of bug. I haven't felt the full weight of it as the Rogue has and my poor son is still down and out. He's got the "snorfles." That's right, the snorfles...it's much worse than the sniffles. I'm not sure where we got this thing, but the Rogue was the first to come down with it. I told him it's from the times he's sent to work at the prison (bending over to pick up the soap in the shower and what not! LOL). Rogue doesn't think it's that funny and he hasn't been over to work on the computers there in a week or so. Hmmm...and it's not me this time, because I no longer work at a hospital where I would bring home every germ immaginable. I just hope that the Rogue is feeling well enough that the day goes by fast and good. I know he was a little nervous last night when he went to bed.
It's been rather weird today. We all got up a little before 8am this morning and watched some Grover and Big Bird. I had to lounge on the couch with them, because when we got up...we were all miserable. I took some benadryl and gave the kids some children's sinus medicine. Needles to say we napped till about 10ish when I couldn't take just sitting on the couch anymore. I've got too much house work and other crap to do...sick or not. So, baby, if you happen to get a break and read this...I am hoping you day goes jut the way you want it too. I hope that it's not too slow, but not too busy. I hope you feel well all day and sleep well tonight. I hope you know that your kids have talked about you all day and will be so happy to see you walk through that front door.
Have a good day
My love
Know that we miss you
My love
The day is half over
My love
Come home to me safe
My love