Sunday, December 26, 2004

My Christmas Present from my Husband

Okay, so I'm a romantic, a hopeless romantic and my husband knows this for he suffers from the same affliction.
I, therefore, forgive him for sending both of the presents he ordered to his parents house instead of here...This time. Though it still chaps my hide.
You see this is the first Christmas that we've been able to buy eachother something. We have a very, very, very fixed income and don't get to splurge. I got some extra grant money from school that helped us to get some extra stuff for eachother (although I still think he shouldn't have spent so much money on me [but, he's forgiven}). Usually we just buy for the kids and have what the family buys for us. We both decided that since we're the adults we can do without but, kids don't understand that concept (very well anyway) and it's more important to buy for them than for eachother. This has always led to our making eachother a gift. Now when I say making a gift I must say that we're both creative enough that they're wonderful gifts. One year for Christmas my husband gave me our wedding picture etched in glass with a beautiful frame he found. It makes things more special when you put the extra work into it. I know some people thing that's crap and would rather have store bought stuff but, anyone can buy something at the store if they have money. That doesn't take talent...Just money and we don't have much of that later (money).
Yet, this year (after all of the shit that we've been through [Rogue Wit being without a job for several months due to his place of employment shutting down and then playing catch up for several months because of that]) God smiled down on us. Granted it wasn't a lot of money but, I've learned to make any money last.
So I asked Santa for a new wallet because, my old (plastic) wallet that I got close to four years ago was starting to come apart at the seems. But Santa decided that wasn't enough and got me a book too.
Yup, a book but, no ordinary book. He got me a Customized Classic book starring myself and himself based on Romeo and Juliet. I came close to tears...And I don't cry often (though it seems that as of late I am constantly in tears...Damn hormones).
I am hopelessly in love with my husband even after all these years...I hope the spark doesn't die anytime soon.