Monday, December 27, 2004

WHAT IS OUR "SAFE" WORLD COMING TOO

Yeah, yeah...Don't say it. I shall stop you before you question this.
As I mentioned to Rathwel, I received a new curling iron (at least I think I mentioned it to
him...Hmmm...I haven't had my coffee yet, God, I'm so addicted to the damn thing) for
Christmas.
The curling iron I owned (I threw it out last night, YAY!) I have had since the 8th grade [I just
turned 26 October 17th]. So when my Mother-In-Law (I still don't know how I got so lucky
with good In-Laws) asked me what I wanted for Christmas I responded by saying...
"I want girlie stuff. I'm almost out of all of my lotions and make up and by curling iron is on
death-row."
She laughed. Apparently, she had a wonderful time shopping for me. You see she only had the
two boys and never got to do the frilly stuff that she would've had she had a girl. (LOL, and I'm
such a lady!)
When I gave her a granddaughter she told me she was twice blessed (which I cried on my
husband's shoulders about...I'm still getting used to all of this easily shown emotion crap, and
now I cry all the time...hehehe, go figure).
...So on with the story! [good idea ,Boabhan Sith, no one wants to hear all of that crap..]
The first gift she handed me turned out to be a very nice curling iron (with a soft grip {just like
my husbands...LOL}). I got a lot of (much needed) girlie stuff including a gift certificate for a set
of nails and one fill! Wow...I haven't had that done since I got married.
I didn't open my new curling iron until last night (this shows how much I still primp, hehehe).
When I opened it I couldn't help but notice this thing that fell to the floor. What is it you say? It
was none other than an "instructions booklet" on how to use you curling iron. I don't
remember having one with my first iron [but it's been ages ago so I don't remember (not to
mention to I was a pot-head supreme back then)]...So I decide I'll read it.
You know, what the hell...I might as well and it wasn't like it'd take me more than about 5
minutes to read it [it was even in about 7 different languages...Just encase].
I am hysterical at some of the instructions. Then I really laugh when I get to the "warnings."
The one that really got me was warning #6: Do not use while asleep.
Yup, that's right...Don't use it while you are asleep folks.
I don't know about you but, I am unable to use a curling iron...Or anything for that matter
while asleep. Yet, I think...If you are damned cool enough to do anything while asleep then I
say go for it. I mean, that's a talent even if I do say so myself. Hell, if they can curl their hair
while asleep I think we should be taping it...Recording it...Hell, watching it. It'll be a new show.
We can call it: While You Were Sleeping (yeah, just like that movie with Bill Pullman[sp?]).
Or....While you were out (LOL), oh wait...That's already taken.
What is this world coming too when we have to have directions that are stupid beyond
words...On curling irons? For that matter, when did they start putting directions on a bar of
soap? If you don't know what to do with soap, then my friend, you probably really stink and
need some kind of mental help before you graduate to washing yourself.
(sigh) It's hard being one of the brilliant people.