Tuesday, December 28, 2004

...And said, "What a nosy bitch am I"

Alright, so every three or four months I feel the need to travel the world...To go and try different things...To see things I've only heard about...To soar above my poor little house and feel the magic of pixie dust in my hair.
...But, we're a poor lot and the best I can do is re-arrange the furniture. This drives Rogue Wit CRAZY!
I'm not sure why but, it does. He should be used to it because his Mother suffers from the same problem. Yet, Rogue Wit would like to come home to "white" walls and the furniture lining every wall and in the same place. HA!
1) I hate white walls in a house...I'm doing my best to be practical as I haven't spent the money we don't have on the paint. (But tax time is coming and this room will be a nice shade of green!)
2) I suffer from cabin fever as well. I get cranky if I don't get to be out of the house to do more than just grocery shopping. There was a time before I had my 2nd child that my daughter and I were gone for at least a few hours during the day. Whether it be to the park or one of my sister's or my best-friend's, I can't stand feeling trapped in. My daughter is the same way now and yet we are trapped in.
You see, we are down to one car (we have two but my husband's [baby] 65 mustang pony GT is a piece of crap and a gas guzzler as well and he won't sell it and we can't afford to fix it up either...Until I get out of school and then if he can fix that monster then he and the kids can go for it). I know ya'll are saying...Well, you should be happy to have "a" car at all. Yes, we are...Believe me we are.
The thing that sucks is:
1) My husband has to have the car for work and so I can't just drop him on [except on special occasions and then he hears about it, I'm sure]
2) There are things that I need to do on occasion--necessary things--not just things that will get me out of the house.
A) Freakin' WIC appointments because the kids need those stupid vouchers that buy us milk, eggs, and cheese
B) Some things can only be done during the weekdays/in the morning for my college {enrolling, speaking with heads of programs...}
C) Taking the kids to get their shots
D) Taking the kids to a doctor's appointment/or myself
3) This is Oklahoma and we live miles from anywhere we need to go
...So I guess I could take a cab--but we can't afford it being that some appointments are in another town and that is way too costly for our poor selves.
The only good thing is that a 15 minute walk with the kids (on each hip...You see why I do my shopping at the 24hr Wal-mart...After the kids are in bed and the husband is home) can get us to the corner gas station. Yeah, it's several corners down...I know they say Texas is big (and it is...Like a Down Syndrome kid {hehe}) but so is Oklahoma.
So...Seeing as how I'm stuck here in the house until after 5 everyday I have to pretend to be somewhere else...And moving around the furniture helps along my fantasy and makes me less cabin-fever-cranky.
Yet, as he comes home to see what I'm doing he has a fit and so...I being who I am...Give him the general idea and then say...
"Do you have a better suggestion? I have to have room in here for the damn rocking chair!" (it's been hidden in the kids room since we've had roommates and I'm not giving it up again...I love to read and study in that chair. It's my 'thinking chair.')
And guess what folks? He did.
I even have my desk right infront of the windows so I can feed my nasty addiction of "spying on the neighbors." I'm freakin' nosy okay...This is what happens when I'm stuck at home and have to listen to Spongebob Squarepants and Dora the Explorer all freakin' day long!
Besides, when we first moved in here the people across the street and three houses to the left went through some shit!. For about a week the rest of the neighbors (myself included) had to call the cops on them every night about 3-4am because, they would be outside and fighting/screaming/yelling/breaking shit--very freakin' loudly.
A few weeks later their kids got taken away from them. I was pissed off about that...Hell, no one even knew they had kids.
Then a few weeks later I see the NARC squad pull up with their K9's in tow and have the neighbors cuffed and sitting on the lawn as they go threw the house. I don't know what they found, only that they found something. It was then that they were taken to jail and evicted.
I love to watch people! We as a species are very interesting or in the very least, entertaining.